Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Art

Art is something I definitely do not understand.  I couldn't begin to tell you why I like some art and dislike other art - I just do and beyond that I put no thought into it.  It's confusing to me and makes no sense.  I like artists like Marcel Dzama, Helen Douglas & Michael Sowa and dislike artists like Thomas Kinkade,   I'm critical and self conscious of anything I do, so I rarely make an attempt.  I wish I were better, more motivated or able to try to better myself where art is concerned.  Ivy loves it unconditionally.  I think I need to take a lesson from her.  She has fun where I just get frustrated and have the opposite of fun.  She'll do it forever and tell me everything she's painting along the way.


Painting is probably her favorite medium, though she is inclined to draw with crayons and markers.  She is just starting to understand the concept of coloring books, in the sense that she tries so hard to keep within the lines - something which we didn't teach her, she just picked up on her own.  She has a camping and Halloween coloring books that she loves.  We got her a Smurf coloring book, but she's hesitant, for some reason, to even consider coloring in that one...





My first Fathers Day present from her was a painting that she did - it's beautiful!  And she did it before she was 1!  I got a little teary-eyed, it's true...

















Sometimes the cats try to join in...it's a family affair. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment