Ivy was so excited to cut my hair. She did it once before but was so young she probably doesn't remember too much about it. I learned a lesson when she was young, and that was not to shave my beard or cut my hair without her being present. It freaks her out, any change to the normal appearance of mom or dad. The first time I shaved my beard off she wanted nothing to do with me and was a little afraid. So now I let her do the work for me..... well, most of the work. She did a really good job! First she cut the beard hair and we left, as was her wish, a big moustache. We then just cut the top of my hair...I wanted a peek into the future to see what I'll look like as a balding old gentleman...
Not sure how I feel about the future and according to this picture, nor is Ivy.
Ivy helped pretty much throughout the whole hair cut and enjoyed the experience. She was not however, happy with the end result. As soon as all the hair was gone she had a hard time looking me in the eyes and would run by the bathroom, peek in and scream once eye contact was made :) And now, she insists that I always wear a hat.
Anyway, it was lots of fun. I've learned to involve Ivy in the most basic of activities. She loves to feel a part of something and more than anything - loves to help and be a good helper.
Whitney made a good point when she got home. You let her hold the shears and she never tried to cut her own hair? The thought never crossed my mind but I'll be wary of it in the future.







No comments:
Post a Comment